Supervises the cultivation and harvesting of row crops such as strawberries by performing the following duties.
Essential duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for recruitment and the discharge of employees including, but not limited to disciplinary actions, scheduling and performance evaluations
- Supervises harvest and post-harvest operations.
- Supervises use of farm machines, implements and supplies.
- Using organic cultural practices and applications, decides when and how to plant, fertilize, cultivate and irrigate plants, and harvest crop.
- Supervises attachment of farm implements, such as for cultivating and tilling, and supervise Tractor Driver in fields to till soil.
- Responsible for enforcing the company food safety and safety procedures at the filed level.
- Supervises and schedules driving and operating farm machinery to spray fertilizers, herbicides, harvesters and pesticides and haul fruit boxes.
- Assigns duties to and directs activities of seasonal workers engaged in tilling and irrigating soil, pruning plants, and harvesting crop.
- Maintains records relating to production and assist in and approves payroll and account payables
- Arranges and schedules all ranch services that are contracted out and maintains communication in a timely manner to all necessary parties such as outside vendors, customers as well as owner/managing partner.
Education and/or Experience
Fifth Year College or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in agricultural procedures and techniques.
Ability to read, write and speak Spanish fluently. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
California Driver's License and Spray Applicator's License required.
Applicants should send resumes to:
Staffing and Total Rewards Manager
Ocean Breeze Ag Management, LLC