Applicants should send resumes to:
Staffing and Total Rewards Manager
Ocean Breeze Ag Management, LLC
Responsible for monitoring corporate and affiliated companies’ fields and providing pest control recommendations, analysis and evaluations by performing the following duties personally:
Essential duties and Responsibilities
- Determine proper corrective and application actions consistent with governmental and regulatory and contractual obligations.
- Monitor fields for pest problems and provide prompt corrective actions.
- Prepare written recommendations for applications of application chemicals for various commodities for submission to various governmental agencies and vendors
- Liaison with and submits all necessary reports and documentation to various regulatory agencies and contractual organizations.
- Advises growers on appropriate time of applying various chemicals; interpret and implement soil and leaf tissue analysis.
- Keep current of laws regulations and basic principles in relation to pest control regulations.
- Maintain a valid California Pest Control Advisor license.
- Research, evaluate and analyze various products
- Advise the growers on the economic advantages and disadvantages in the use of various chemicals
- Coordinate pesticide applications for organic and conventional berries and vegetables.
- Basic understanding of agronomy, water conservation and fertilization practices. Manage department staff members, ranch mapping, soil/water sampling and pest control.
- Prepare and submit reports required by regulatory agencies including but not limited to i.e. State of California, Dept. of Pesticide Regulation, county Agricultural Commissioner’s office
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Must be fluent in English and Spanish.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
California Driver's License and Spray Applicator's License required.