Earl’s Organic Produce, Inc., a leading distributor of organic produce throughout Northern California, seeks a broadly-skilled Salesperson for our San Francisco Wholesale Produce Market headquarters.
Under the direction of our Sales Manager, the selected candidate will perform daily sales activities in order to supply our wide customer base with the highest quality products and customer service. The candidate will work closely with other members of the sales team as well as the purchasing team to ensure an efficient movement of product that meets the needs of our customers as well as our vendors. The selected candidate will be available to start shortly after offer acceptance.
Responsibilities will include:
- Close monitoring of daily inventory levels, and product quality and condition
- Grows relationships with customers through anticipating needs, product knowledge, and committing to their success.
- Executing multiple sales orders throughout each workday, while making decisions in critical times without assistance
- Communicating pertinent customer needs and promotional opportunities to Purchasing and Sales team members in a timely and specific manner, both verbally and in written form
- Aggressively seek new customers in field
- Have a sense of responsibility, be self motivated, and have a sense of urgency to resolve fast pace job duties
- Participating in the marketing of larger volume, grower-represented deals
- Actively supporting other team members in an engaged and lively fashion
- Contributing to process improvement and team development efforts
- Participating in additional company projects and activities
Position requirements include:
- 2-5 years hands-on fresh organic produce experience, preferably in a quality control, retail merchandising, or sales
- An ability to maintain a customer-focused perspective
- In-depth understanding of quality requirements of discerning retail and institutional customers
- Attention to detail
- Appreciation of fresh produce aesthetics and varietal range
- Organized, even-tempered communication skills
- Positive approach to alternate points of view; an ability to create agreement
- Experience working as a member of a high performing team
- Basic understanding of the natural and organic foods industry
- Desire to grow individually and to learn how to best support other team members
- Facility with inventory database programs and basic desktop application software
- Ability to maintain a dynamic and verbally animated pace throughout the workday
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. on a regular basis
Earl’s Organic Produce provides a highly competitive compensation package, including medical, dental and company-sponsored retirement programs. Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com. Thank you in advance for your interest! Position is open until filled.
Earl’s Organic Produce works to embrace diversity in all its forms; it strives to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, thoughtful, and productive environment.