The Sales Field Representative acts as an ambassador of Veritable Vegetable, our mission, culture and policies and builds relationships with identified accounts to increase customer loyalty and satisfaction and grow Veritable Vegetable's business.
- Utilize questioning and observation skills to build understanding of customer's business challenges and growth potential.
- In collaboration with Sales Account Manager, proactively identify strategies for adding value to the customer's business (i.e. merchandising, new product introductions, staff training and promotions). Gain customer support and implement agreed upon strategies.
- Measure and report on results of implemented strategies.
- Assist customer in planning and forecasting to improve sales and profitability, reduce shrink and accommodate business growth.
- Develop merchandising expertise and tools (i.e. best practices, sample ideas and plans) for the customer to use to enhance produce displays and increase sales and profitability.
- Support customer events through attendance and arranging for appropriate Veritable Vegetable resources.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of the competitive landscape, market conditions, and market trends.
- Provide competitive information and insight on customer and consumer trends to Sales Account Managers, Marketing and Purchasing departments.
- Represent the voice of the customer in the development of new marketing materials.
- Support identification and integration of new accounts to ensure smooth transition into Veritable Vegetable and attainment of planned account goals.
- Implement safety procedures to ensure compliance with food safety and general safety best practices (i.e. FSMA, GHP, and OSHA standards).
- Keep abreast of professional and technical knowledge such as merchandising strategies, customer relationship management (CRM) trends, through educational opportunities; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations and attending conferences
- Appreciation for the principles of sustainable agriculture and the value of organic produce.
- Strong orientation for building customer satisfaction; actively look for ways to build business.
- Thorough understanding of consumer buying behaviors including how shoppers flow through produce departments.
- Understand specific display requirements of various produce items.
- Think strategically and systematically.
- Use logic, reasoning, research and creativity to identify and solve problems.
- Self-motivated to determine tasks, priorities and goals.
- Taking responsibility for work outcomes and results.
- Being responsible for the health and safety of others and safe handling of product.
- Work well collaboratively across departments and independently.
- Strong working knowledge of produce and seasonality.
- Knowledge and understanding of independent and cooperative community based retailer.
- 2 years combined retail organic produce merchandising and sales experience. Outside sales experience a plus.
- Knowledge of produce varieties and seasonality.
- Comfortable with office applications: Word, Excel, Outlook and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) applications.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be an insurable driver.
- Must be able to travel on regular basis (50-75%), nights and weekends may be included in travel time.
- Ability to lift up to 55 lbs. without assistance.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend and perform a variety of other physical functions on a consistent basis.
- Must be able to walk and stand on concrete floors for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to follow safety procedures (i.e. proper lifting techniques, knife handling).
Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered.