Exporting Your Organic Product
Once you are ready to export your organic products, you will need an export (import) or transaction certificate for each shipment of goods. These documents verify that the product to be shipped complies with or is equivalent to the standard of the destination market. CCOF provides verification to these requirements through our Global Market Access and International Standard Programs. If you are not sure if your operation complies with or is equivalent to the standard of a destination market, contact your Certification Service Specialist or email email@example.com.
For a helpful resource covering the export requirements around the globe visit the International Organic Trade Resource Guide. You can also choose to list yourself as an international exporter on OTA’s Organic Export Directory, a searchable database directed at foreign buyers.
See our international FAQs for more assistance.
I’m ready to ship, what do I do now?
Once you’ve confirmed your product(s) can be exported to the destination market, and you have a shipment confirmed for departure, complete the Export and Transaction Certificate Request Cover Sheet and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with the appropriate export request form. CCOF export request forms are listed below, along with detailed instructions for filling out each form.
Once our export processing department receives your request we will process it within 2 business days. A PDF copy of the completed export certificate will be emailed, and the original certificate will be mailed per your instructions on the cover sheet.
Canada Extended Affidavit – Does not need to come back to CCOF
EU Export Certificate Request Form (Vessel)
EU Export Certificate Request Form (Air)
Japan (TM-11) Export Certificate Request Form
Japan/COR Export Certificate Request Form – For operations located in Canada and certified to the Canadian Organic regime (COR)
Taiwan (TM-11) Export Certificate Request Form
Korea NAQS Export Certificate Request Form
NOP Transaction Certificate Request Form
Switzerland Export Certificate Request Form (Vessel)
Switzerland Export Certificate Request Form (Air)
Instructions for Completing Export Request Forms
Instructions for each export request form are laid out below. Only complete the sections of the form as directed. Do not write in sections that are not explained.
EU and Switzerland Export Certificate Request Forms (Air and Vessel)
- Box 4:
- To EU: leave blank. Authorization numbers not required.
- To Switzerland: authorization number issued by the Swiss authorities to your operation (e.g. 2007/567).
- Box 5: Your operation’s name and address
- Box 7: Usually your operation’s name and address, but you should indicate your supplier in this box if you are a broker or need to demonstrate compliance at the supplier level.
- Box 8 and 9: Name the country of dispatch and country of destination
- Box 10 and 11: Name and address of your importer and their first consignee if applicable
- Box 12: Fill as directed, including a description of the product (e.g. organic green onions)
- Box 13: CN code (a customs/tariff designation) of the product
Japan and Taiwan TM-11 Export Certificate Request Forms
- Exported by: Your operation’s name and address
- Consigned to: Name and address of your importer
- Product Exported from: Name of the port of departure (e.g. Port of Oakland)
- Total Marked Net Weight: Total mass of the product(s) being shipped
- Total Containers: The number of shipping containers used
- Product Detail: Indicate product (as labeled), lot numbers, the weight of each lot number, the number of packages in each lot, shipping marks (such as container number) and producer (usually your operation, unless there is a need to demonstrate compliance at the supplier level
Japan/COR Export Certificate
- Product Name: product (as labeled)
- Net Weight of Lot(s): the weight of each lot number
- Lot Number: lot numbers
- Producer Name: producer (usually your operation, unless you were not the final manufacturer)
- Name of Producer’s Certification Body: CCOF, unless the producer was certified by another certifier
- Address of Producer’s Certification Body: CCOF’s address, unless the producer was certified by another certifier
- Final Handler Name: usually your operation, unless there was a final manufacturer.
Korea Export Certificate Request Form
Only Processed products are allowed to be exported. Raw or unprocessed products cannot be requested.
- Box 4: Your operation’s name and address
- Box 5 and 6: Name and address of your importer
- Box 7: Always write USA and the name of the port of departure (e.g. Port of Oakland)
- Box 8: Name the country of destination and the port
- Boxes 9-12: Indicate product name, HS code, net weight of the shipment, and shipping marks (such as container number).
- Box 13: Name and address of the final manufacturer. This will most often be your operation
- Box 14: List CCOF Certification Services
NOP Transaction Certificate Request Form
For export to other countries or to request a domestic Transaction Certificate
- Product Details Table: Indicate product(s) being shipped, including their status (e.g. 100% organic tomato paste) & describe quantity shipped, crop years, and lot numbers involved
- Buyer/Company: Name and address of your buyer
- Country of Destination: Name of the destination country
- Date of Transaction: Date you sold the product
- Sold by: Your operation’s name
- Certified under CCOF Certificate number: Your CCOF client code (a 2 letter, 3 or 4 digit code found on your certificate, e.g. pr123)
- BOL #: Bill of lading or purchase order number