Seeking full-time urban farmer / maintenance gardener for Los Angeles. Organic maintenance practices, raised bed gardens, fruit trees, and native landscaping. Maintenance gardeners work independently and visit gardens weekly. This position requires use of personal vehicle and significant driving. Candidates must live in Los Angeles.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7:30am- 4:00pm
Status: Full Time, non-exempt
Compensation: $18 - $23/hr
Benefits: Health insurance, 401(k) plan with employer matching, FSA & Dependent Care plan, Paid vacation, Smartphone, Mileage, and Audiobook reimbursement
Farm & Garden Management
- Organic vegetable gardening, fruit tree maintenance
- Irrigation management
- Fertilizing, pruning, organic pest control
- Maintain garden service logs
Customer Service & Communication
- Communicate with 10-15 weekly garden maintenance clients
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and expectations
- Represent Farmscape services in a professional manner
- Significant driving between garden locations
- Attend staff, maintenance and training meetings as required
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- 2+ year real experience with landscapeing / farming / vegetable gardening / agriculture or horticulture required; 3+ years preferred
- 1+ year experience with orchard management preferred
- Valid driver's license and a working vehicle required
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and perform manual labor outdoors
- Ability to learn and adapt to Farmscape best practices
- Friendly and clear communicator
- Organizational skills and attention to detail are critical
$18-$23/hr. Benefits for full-time staff include paid vacation, mileage reimbursement, FSA & Dependent Care plan, health care and 401K.
Email to apply. NO CALLS PLEASE.
Farmscape is the largest urban farming company in California, with a commitment to creating food-focused, climate-resilient landscapes. Since 2008, we have designed, installed and maintained hundreds of customized gardens as beautiful as they are abundant.
Our low-impact, sustainable Farmscapes are lively, vibrant spaces that feature native, low-water plants to complement the food we grow. As trusted local farmers, we grow food for single-family homes, master-planned communities, Fortune 500 companies, Michelin-starred chefs and World Series Champions.
Farmscape is an Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the policy of Farmscape to provide all persons with equal employment practices and opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status, criminal history unrelated to job duties, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.