Apricot Lane Farms is a 234-acre farm integrated within a reawakened ecosystem. With a team that makes the seemingly impossible possible, the farm regeneratively grows more than 200 varieties of fruits and vegetables, and raises sheep, cows, pigs, chickens and ducks with care and respect while working in harmony (or a comfortable level of disharmony) within a dynamic ecosystem. We are looking for a professional and experienced Pasture Maintenance and Irrigation Technician. The Pasture Maintenance and Irrigation Technician is responsible for performing various routine skilled duties in the maintenance, repair, and construction of irrigation in the pastures. They report directly to the Holistic Livestock Manager.
- 90 daPasture irrigation, Main farm, and Stockton property
- Well pump filter cleaning, oil top up (New Well, Stockton Well, Old Well)
- Pasture irrigation maintenance (pop-ups/filters, rainbirds, etc.)
- Main Farm Netafim System
- Stockton Rainbird System
- All pasture seeding, composting, mowing, reseeding bald spots, and weeding
- All farm cover cropping and pastures
- Operation of Cyclone - compost tea applicator in pastures (at times, orchards)
- Winter annuals drill seeded in Fall; Summer annuals drill seeded in Spring
- Livestock/Poultry irrigation planning and seeding planning
- Tree trimming/pruning near sprinklers
- Rain preparation
- Hotwire maintenance and repair (weed whacking)
- Kamprath/Green Cover Seeds cover crop seed mix development and ordering – Chuck, Davis
- Assisting the infrastructure team with tasks pertaining to pasture and fence maintenance
- Examples include but are not limited to the operation of heavy equipment, irrigation line repair, broken fencing repair, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Valid Driver’s License
- Tractor Driving Experience (3 or more years REQUIRED) *with trailer/tractor implements
- Knowledge and experience with irrigation systems and maintenance (PREFERRED)
- Knowledge and experience with Regenerative Agriculture or Holistic Management/Planned Grazing (PREFERRED)
- Proficient with power tools and landscaping tools including chainsaws
- Proficiency in Google Workspace - Google Docs, Sheets, Calendar, etc
- Highly organized and with sharp attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently with minimal oversight
- Be able/willing to work outside in a variety of extreme weather conditions – rain, cold, heat, and wind.
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Monday – Friday 6:30 am – 3 pm; hours may vary during summer months
- Weekend and evening hours may be necessary during emergencies
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- $25- $27 / hr.
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account)
- 401K with Employer Matching
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Vacation
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Employee Discount