Full Time, Non-Exempt Reports To: Program Manager, Land Access and Farm Business Education Primary Office: Remote or in office with regular travel to Sacramento and Santa Cruz Salary: Salary range is $50,000 - $70,000 commensurate with experience
JOB SUMMARY: Join the California FarmLink team to support the prosperity of California farmers and ranchers, ensure equitable access to economic opportunity, and support environmental stewardship and vibrant local food systems. This position plays a key role in supporting the educational activities of FarmLink’s Land Access and Farm Business Education Program (LAFBE). This is a non-exempt full-time position at 40 hours per week. FarmLink’s LAFBE programs are: -Resilience – an English-language farm business education program -Wealth Building (La Resiliencia y La Prosperidad) – a Spanish-language farm business education program -Equity and Conservation on Working Lands – a bilingual program for land access, succession, and conservation
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Program Managers in promoting, recruiting, and partnership-building for educational programs, and assist with creating client stories and blog posts to share with funders and the public.
- Support Program Managers with organization and management of LAFBE programs.
- Support the maintenance and development of educational resources including applications and forms, recorded webinars, published written materials, templates and worksheets to support client learning and access to programs. Work closely with the Communications Department to ensure these materials are functioning as intended on our website and to support ongoing messaging about the availability of these resources.
- Support farm businesses with technical support and online application and form submission.
- Attend and support facilitation of virtual, in person, and hybrid group educational programs and workshops, including three established multi-week and multi-month educational programs, and a variety of specialized follow-up workshops and advanced educational offerings.
- Assist farm businesses with accessing LAFBE programs, program incentives, technical assistance and referrals.
- Support FarmLink’s Business Skills Advisor in delivery of one on one technical assistance to education clients.
- Support Program Manager with data management, evaluation of, and reporting on LAFBE programs.
Applicants who do not meet all of the qualifications are still encouraged to apply.
- Minimum AA in business administration, or a Bachelors in business, agriculture, community development, planning, agronomy, environmental studies or other related field, or the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, comfortable working with people of varied cultural backgrounds including those with English as a second language. -Ability to communicate the written and spoken word with tact, diplomacy, and/or authority fluently in English and Spanish. -Highly organized and self-directed problem-solver able to create timelines and structure while remaining flexible and adaptive.
- Familiarity with agriculture, agricultural/small business lending, US Department of Agriculture programs, and/or community development finance experience a plus.
- Competency in social media. -Knowledge and experience using MS Word, Excel and Google Suite tools. Knowledge and experience using CRM software (i.e. Salesforce) a plus. California FarmLink offers a generous benefits plan, including health insurance after 30-60 days (depending on start date), employer contribution to 403b retirement plan, paid vacation, and a family-friendly and flexible work environment. California FarmLink maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We seek candidates that represent the diversity of the communities we serve, and strongly encourage you to apply.
How To Apply Please use subject line “LAFBE Senior Associate” to email a thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and organization with resume to: email@example.com. No phone calls please. Posted December 2021; applications accepted on a rolling basis; open until filled. Who We Are The mission of California FarmLink is to invest in the prosperity of farmers and ranchers through lending, education, and access to land.
We value equitable access to opportunity, resilient working landscapes, fairness and accountability, and learning from diverse farmers and ranchers. For more info, and to learn about FarmLink’s commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: https://www.californiafarmlink.org/dei-principles/