Job Title: Southern California Field Manager
Company: River Partners
Location: San Diego, CA
Application Filing Deadline: May 16, 2017
• Supervise and train entry-level field technicians, youth conservation labor crews, and interns.
• Direct staff and allocate resources to meet contractual obligations and deadlines.
• Oversee project budgets.
• Purchase equipment, supplies, and services to support project implementation.
• Insure that safety is the top priority and all of our field equipment is in good operating order.
• Develop and maintain productive relationships with project partners, neighbors, venders and community stakeholders.
• Maintain a working knowledge of all project documents including design specifications, contractual obligations, funding restrictions, and regulatory compliance requirements.
• Direct agricultural practices for field preparation, irrigation installation, planting and on-going plant maintenance activities.
• Set-up and calibrate agricultural implements.
• Inspect fields and preform timely maintenance activities to optimize plant growth and minimize expenses.
• Observe all labor laws.
• Accurately tract expenses and prepare invoices.
• Collaborate with the River Partners’ Biology Team to implement specific designs and develop field research activities.
• Support River Partners’ Development Team in budgeting new projects.
• Attend public events, fairs and meetings to promote the organization and its mission.
• Travelling to and work on multiple project site.
• B.S. in agriculture, biology, ecology, environmental science or related science.
• Five years of agricultural management experience.
• Certification in pesticide application (Pest Control Advisor preferred, Qualified Applicator License required).
• Knowledge of agricultural equipment and practices.
• Ability to install, operate and schedule irrigation systems.
• Proven budget management experience.
• C-27 Landscaping Contractor’s License (preferred but not required).
• Possess the ability to communicate in basic Spanish (preferred, but not required).
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Enjoy working with diverse people and organizations to get things done.
• Able to solve problems and learn new skills.
• Possess knowledge of and experience with standard agricultural techniques in the Central Valley including, tractor and gator operation and maintenance, herbicide application and reporting, irrigation, drill and broadcast seeding, seed collection and processing, tree planting.
• Possess knowledge of or willingness to learn California plants, riparian ecology, hydrology, soils, and wildlife.
• Understand basic contract and labor laws.
• Proficient in budgeting, negotiation, purchasing, reporting, and vendor relations.
• Possess the ability to work both in a team environment and independently.
• Good organizational skills - ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
• Ability to maintain composure under changing priorities and challenging conditions.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Email resume and references, no phone calls.
To Apply, E-mail: (1) cover letter describing qualifications for this position and interest in River Partners, (2) complete CV/resume, and (3) contact information (including phone numbers and e-mail addresses) for 3 references to Mona Dagy at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Southern California Field Manager” in the subject line. Applicants are subject to background checks. Application deadline is May 16, 2017 the position will remain open until a successful candidate has been identified. Please submit questions via email (no phone calls) to email@example.com. River Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.