- Food Safety inspections must occur during the harvest, and if applicable, packing of the products you wish to be certified.
- Products with differing harvest practices and timings may require a harvest follow up inspection to verify harvest/packing practices, e.g. strawberries (inspection in March) and harvest follow up inspection for apples (verified in September).
- Inspection timing depends on how early you submit your application, inspector availability, and operational readiness of the farm.
- Applications submitted well in advance of expected harvest allow for more efficient and effective inspection planning. Get your application in early!
- Your certificate will be generated shortly after inspection, unless there are corrective actions that need to be addressed.
- Your food safety fees are based on the program you select and the size and complexity of your operation. Full details on how fees are calculated can be found here.