What is a transaction certificate? How do I request one?

« Return to all FAQs

Transaction certificates may accompany shipments of organic product when an export certificate is not required and the importer requires further documentation of the compliance to NOP standards. A transaction certificate may be used to export to countries other than Japan, Taiwan, the EU member states, and Switzerland. They can also be used for domestic transactions. You can request a transaction certificate by submitting a Transaction Certificate Request Form, found on our Forms & Documents page. Remember to follow the instructions on the Export and Transaction Request Cover Sheet closely to ensure you have included all critical information.

Learn more about exports.