Need hardship assistance? The Bricmont Hardship Assistance Fund is here to help.
The Bricmont Hardship Assistance Fund—named to honor founding CCOF member Barney Bricmont—is the only fund in the nation that provides direct financial assistance exclusively to organic producers who suffer financial losses due to extreme hardship. Since 2007, CCOF has distributed $250,000 in awards.* 100% of all donations go to farmers in need.
The CCOF Foundation Bricmont Hardship Assistance Fund grants are available for applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Certified organic operations currently in good standing (valid organic certificate required for consideration)
- Experienced economic hardship in the 2021 calendar year
- Submission of complete hardship description (required for consideration)
- Submission of supporting evidence and financial documentation of economic loss resulting from the hardship (required for consideration)
- Submission of a receipt for organic certification fees paid in 2021 (by any accredited certifier)
- Submission of a final report at the end of the award year
- Grantees from previous years are welcome to re-apply
Applications will be open October 4 - November 5, 2021. During the open application period use the link below to complete the application online.
The application is available in both English and Spanish. To change your application language, please click on the google icon at the top left of the logon page and select your preference.
Applications must be completed online no later than midnight (PDT) on November 5, 2021. Incomplete applications or applications received after this date will not be considered.
*Award amounts range from $1,000-$2,500. Applications must be filled out completely to be eligible for consideration.