Need hardship assistance? The Bricmont Hardship Assistance Fund is here to help.
The Bricmont Hardship Assistance Fund—named to honor founding CCOF member Barney Bricmont—is the only fund in the nation that provides direct financial assistance exclusively to organic producers who suffer financial losses due to extreme hardship. Since 2007, CCOF has distributed $250,000 in awards.* 100% of all donations go to farmers in need.
The CCOF Foundation Bricmont Hardship Assistance Fund grants are available for applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Certified organic operations currently in good standing (valid organic certificate required for consideration)
- Experienced economic hardship in the 2021 calendar year
- Submission of documentation or supporting evidence of economic loss resulting from the hardship (required for consideration)
- Submission of a receipt for organic certification fees paid in 2021 (by any accredited certifier)
- Submission of a progress report six months after you receive grant
Grantees from previous years are welcome to re-apply
Applications will be open April 5 - May 28, 2021. During the open application period there will be a link on this page to complete the application online.
*Award amounts range from $1,000-$2,500. Applications must be filled out completely to be eligible for consideration.