Skip to content
Go to News

Disaster Support Is Available for Farmers and Ranchers

Support is available for farmers and ranchers affected by severe storms, wildfires, and other natural disasters.

  • USDA’s Farm Service Agency offers many types of support. Visit the Farm Service Agency website for details on each of these programs:
  • livestock forage disaster
  • livestock indemnity
  • emergency assistance for livestock, honeybees, and farm-raised fish
  • emergency livestock relief
  • emergency loans
  • disaster set-aside
  • emergency conservation
  • emergency forest restoration
  • noninsured disaster assistance
  • tree assistance


  • USDA’s Disaster Resource Center offers resources on preparing for and recovering from disasters. Visit to access USDA’s Disaster Assistance Discovery Tool that will help identify programs for which you are eligible.
  • CCOF offers emergency funding to farmers and ranchers in California who have been affected by drought. View CCOF’s Hardship Assistance Fund webpage for more information.
  • Many states also offer disaster assistance; check the website of your state department of agriculture for specific information.
  • Though it’s not a disaster assistance program, organic certification cost share is also open for applications in all U.S. states. Cost share will refund 75 percent of your certification fees up to a maximum of $750 per certified scope. Find more information on cost share on our website.

If you have a specific need, you are welcome to contact CCOF at

Related News

See all