Effective today, all CCOF organic inspections occurring in the United States are postponed with the exception of those necessary for new certifications with production within 60 days (i.e., new applications, add acreages, new facilities). Inspections for new certifications supports essential business infrastructure for our clients. These inspections may occur under the following conditions:
- Inspectors and clients are both willing and healthy.
- Social distancing measures are taken; no direct human contact. Follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommended precautions.
- The inspection is a virtual and on-site hybrid.
- Farms: Inspectors inspect the field alone and meet virtually with client for records and Organic System Plan (OSP) review.
- Handler facilities: Inspectors minimize time indoors and practice social distancing.
Longer term, CCOF is developing contingencies for full hybrid or virtual inspections, and may eventually enable annual inspections to resume using hybrid and/or virtual methods.
In Mexico, CCOF is unaware of any existing shelter-in-place orders, and inspections are being conducted at the discretion of the client and inspector.
Get in touch with us right away at email@example.com if you need to discuss scheduling your inspection.