The CCOF Foundation, in partnership with GrubMarket, supports farmers making the transition to organic agriculture practices because we know that organic production is a proven solution to climate change, economic insecurity, and health inequities. We are giving $10,000 grants to underserved small farmers in California who are transitioning to organic practices.
Applications are due by 12 p.m. (noon) Pacific on October 27, 2023.
Program participants receive grants; mentorship; and technical support in agronomy, business and financial literacy, marketing, and market development over a three-year period.
Grant Amount: $10,000 per year for three years
Organic Transition grant applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Farming or ranching in California (and residing in California)
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Practicing organic production methods already
- If renting/leasing, provide written documentation of landowner’s approval to transition
- Have a business plan, marketing plan (for after certification), and/or an Organic System Plan for transitioning to certified organic production and/or be in the process of completing these plans
- Demonstrate financial need
- Submit supporting financial documentation (i.e., Profit and Loss Statements from current and previous years, tax documentation such as Schedule F)
- Have a minimum of five years of agricultural production experience
- Have run or owned a farming or ranching business for at least two years and/or have equivalent experience
- Be willing to be interviewed as part of the application process
- Submit a letter of reference with your application
- Submit a yearly report and a final report at the end of the grant period
Producers of all crop and livestock types that are eligible for organic certification are encouraged to apply. Applicants from underserved communities will be prioritized.
Grant applications are open September 25 through October 27, 2023.
Current OTP grantees need not re-apply.
Application must be completed online at https://bit.ly/CCOF-GRANT.
The application is available in both English and Spanish.
Applications must be completed online no later than 12 p.m. (noon) Pacific on October 27, 2023. Incomplete applications or applications received after this date will not be considered.
For more information, contact Larissa Hernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org or (831) 824-6123.