The Pandemic Response and Safety (PRS) Grant Program provides funding to help small specialty crop producers, food processors, manufacturers, distributors and farmers markets recover costs incurred by responding to the COVID-19 pandemic, including for measures to protect workers.
The minimum funding request amount is $1,500. The maximum funding request amount is $20,000. No cost sharing or matching funds are required. Eligible applicants include small businesses and nonprofits that have 501(c)(3) status.
Grants will cover activities associated with:
- Workplace Safety: Implementing workplace safety measures to protect against COVID-19
- Market Pivots: Implementing market pivots to protect against COVID–19
- Retrofitting Facilities: Retrofitting facilities for worker and consumer safety to protect against COVID–19
- Transportation: Providing additional transportation options to maintain social distancing and worker and consumer safety to protect against COVID-19
- Worker Housing: Providing worker housing that protects against COVID-19
- Medical: Providing health services to protect workers against COVID-19
Funds will be used to issue grants for COVID-19-related costs incurred between January 27, 2020 and December 31, 2021.
- Check your eligibility and request a DUNS number now.
- Application Period Opens: September 23, 2021
- Application Period Closes: 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on November 8, 2021
This program is authorized and funded under the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021 (Pub. L. No. 116—260).
Adapted from a USDA Agricultural Marketing Service bulletin issued September 16, 2021.