- Integrated Farm Assurance (IFA) - The IFA standard is the top tier GLOBALG.A.P. standard and is great for those exporting outside of the US and especially to the European Union.
- IFA certification includes topics above and beyond food safety, like worker welfare and environmental sustainability.
- Harmonized Produce Safety Standard (HPSS) - The HPSS is a standard developed by United Fresh and used by GLOBALG.A.P. and other organizations like the USDA. The HPSS is a great, food safety focused certification for those producing for the domestic market, however, CCOF has also seen the HPSS certificate used by producers exporting abroad.
- Produce Handling Assurance (PHA) - A certification for stand-alone packinghouses who require a Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) audit and certificate. Complex processing, slicing and dicing and any post-harvest activities like drying cannot be included in this certificate.
- CCOF is currently piloting this standard while we gain accreditation and are provisionally approved to issue a set amount of non-accredited, provisional certificates. We expect to gain accreditation in 2021.
Be sure to also talk to your buyers to determine the best program. For more information on eligibility, benefits, and requirements, you please visit our Food Safety Services page or contact us for a recommended program and quote today!