Which GLOBALG.A.P. standard is best for my business?

Esta página también está disponible en español

« Return to all FAQs

  • Integrated Farm Assurance (IFA) - The IFA standard is the top tier GLOBALG.A.P. standard and is great for those exporting outside of the US and especially to the European Union.
    • IFA certification includes topics above and beyond food safety, like worker welfare and environmental sustainability.
  • Harmonized Produce Safety Standard (HPSS) - The HPSS is a standard developed by United Fresh and used by GLOBALG.A.P. and other organizations like the USDA. The HPSS is a great, food safety focused certification for those producing for the domestic market, however, CCOF has also seen the HPSS certificate used by producers exporting abroad.
  • Produce Handling Assurance (PHA) - A certification for stand-alone packinghouses who require a Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) audit and certificate. Complex processing, slicing and dicing and any post-harvest activities like drying cannot be included in this certificate.
Explore additional Forms & Docs and FAQs with related topics
Certification Topics