Skip to content
Go to News

Do You Use or Provide Ripening or CO2 Cooling?

by Rachel Witte |

Farmers, do you send your fruit or other products to coolers or storage where it may be treated with an allowed material such as CO2 (marketed as Tectrol®) or ethylene? If so, that facility must be certified organic. Be sure to ask for an organic certificate before sending your crop or product to these facilities.

Handlers, do you treat organic fruit with Tectrol® or ethylene, or any other gasses or substances? If so, you must be certified organic before you receive organic crops or products.

Questions? Contact our Applicant Support Specialist, Jane Wade, at (831) 346-6240 or, or apply for certification today at!